Website High Sierra Pools, Inc.
High Sierra Pools has been in business more than 25 years and is an industry leader in commercial pool service, pool management, and aquatic safety.
High Sierra Pools is hiring a Human Resources Intern – International Programs to join our team for Summer 2023. This position will be responsible for assisting with the recruitment, onboarding, program support, and employee events for our summer seasonal staff.
This is a paid position based in our Arlington, Virginia office and reporting to the Human Resources International Recruitment Manager. Qualified candidates will be recent graduates or students pursuing a degree in business administration, international relations, or other relevant field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Human Resources Intern – International Programs:
- Assists in supervising daily operation of Human Resources Department office including providing information to applicants, employees, clients and the public in person, by phone and via email
- Schedules and conducts interviews with applicants to obtain work history, training, education, job skills, and other background information
- Assists with recruitment and onboarding functions, including job fairs, paperwork collection, and uniform distribution
- Assists with overall Human Resources Department functions, including but not limited to: interviewing, processing employee paperwork, documenting and collecting employment data, and ensuring progression through the applicant to employee funnel
- Provides assistance and support to employees in-person and via phone regarding questions about the job, summer program, company housing, etc.
- Updates and maintains the integrity of all employee and applicant files and data, including electronic records and databases
- Assists in planning and executing summer employee events and contests; coordinates with necessary personnel including the social media and video interns to publicize and document events
- Communicates effectively with employees, Human Resources staff and other department managers on an ongoing basis
Qualifications for the Human Resources Intern – International Programs:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to project prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university inor related field of study
- Ability work alongside a diverse group of employees from different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to simultaneously work toward different company initiatives at once
- Advanced problem-solving skills; ability to mediate problems and maintain professionalism under pressure
- Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekend days as needed; a 6-day workweek might be required during peak times
- Must be at least 18 years of age
The start date for the position is April 3 – May 1; the end date is from September 5 – 29. The dates of the internship will be agreed upon by the applicant and High Sierra Pools at the time of the job offer.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org