Website High Sierra Pools, Inc.
High Sierra Pools has been in business more than 25 years and is an industry leader in commercial pool service, pool management, and aquatic safety.
High Sierra Pools is hiring a Human Resources Intern to join our team for Summer 2023. This position will be responsible for assisting with the recruitment, onboarding, employee support, and employee events for our summer seasonal staff.
This is a paid position based in our Arlington, Virginia office and reporting to the Senior Human Resources Manager. Qualified candidates will be recent graduates or students pursuing a degree in business administration or another relevant field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Human Resources Intern:
- Assists in supervising daily operation of Human Resources Department office including providing information to applicants, employees, clients and the public in person, by phone and via email
- Schedules and conducts interviews with applicants to obtain work history, training, education, job skills, and other background information
- Assists with recruitment and onboarding functions, including job fairs, paperwork collection, and uniform distribution
- Assists with overall Human Resources Department functions, including but not limited to: interviewing, processing employee paperwork, documenting and collecting employment data, and ensuring progression through the applicant to employee funnel
- Provides assistance and support to employees in-person and via phone
- Updates and maintains the integrity of all employee and applicant files and data, including electronic records and databases
- Assists in planning and executing summer employee events and contests; coordinates with necessary personnel including the social media and video interns to publicize and document events
- Communicates effectively with employees, Human Resources staff and other department managers on an ongoing basis
- Coordinates personnel assignment to job sites while considering factors such as proximity to work location, standing work availability, classification, experience, and other location-specific characteristics
- Prepares reports on a weekly basis or as-needed
Qualifications for the Human Resources Intern:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in business administration or related field of study
- Ability work alongside a diverse group of employees from different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to simultaneously work toward different company initiatives at once
- Advanced problem-solving skills; ability to mediate problems and maintain professionalism under pressure
- Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekend days as needed; a 6-day workweek might be required during peak times
The start date for the position is April 3 – May 1; the end date is from September 5 – 29. The dates of the internship will be agreed upon by the applicant and High Sierra Pools at the time of the job offer.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com