Website High Sierra Pools, Inc.
High Sierra Pools has been in business more than 25 years and is an industry leader in commercial pool service, pool management, and aquatic safety.
High Sierra Pools is hiring a talented Social Media Marketing Intern to join our team for Summer 2023. This position will be responsible for planning, creating, scheduling, and posting content for various social media projects including High Sierra Pools and the “My Lifeguard Summer” employee brand, which spotlights our lifeguard jobs and employee events.
This is a paid position based in our Arlington, Virginia office and reporting to the Human Resources Director. Qualified candidates will be recent graduates or students pursuing a degree in marketing, digital video production, or other related field.
Responsibilities for Social Media Marketing Intern
- Brainstorm and research ideas for original content, developing content plans for social media campaigns in collaboration with the HR director and senior management
- Create compelling photographs, short-form videos, and graphics to share across social channels
- Publish social media campaigns on platforms including Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook
- Write social media captions that speak to the Company’s target audience
- Monitor postings to ensure brand message is consistent from the terminology used to images and videos posted
- Moderate and respond to comments on social media posts
- Interact with followers, employees, and (potential) customers by communicating and answering questions through the company’s social pages
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on Company social media accounts
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Publish a bi-weekly report of activity, engagement statistics, and upcoming campaigns
- Support event team and attend employee events to document activities in real time
- Visit Company worksites as needed to obtain materials for content
- Align content with Company and department events, summer calendar
- Compile and organize content to be used/re-used for future campaigns after the summer ends
- Suggest new opportunities and ideas for promoting the HSP and My Lifeguard Summer brands
Qualifications for Social Media Marketing Intern
- Advanced knowledge of popular social media platforms from a brand perspective
- Ability to produce appealing and engaging photographic, video, and basic graphic design content
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to project prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and mobile photo and video editing apps
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in
- marketing or related field of study
- Entry level experience determining how to cater marketing campaigns to a unique audience
- Ability work alongside a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward different company initiatives at once
- Entry level understanding of marketing strategy
- Must be at least 18 years of age
The start date for the position is April 3 – May 15; the end date is from August 16 – September 29. The dates of the internship will be agreed upon by the applicant and High Sierra Pools at the time of the job offer.
Applicants should send a sample portfolio (either a website or media kit with links of work samples) and their resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com