Website High Sierra Pools, Inc.
High Sierra Pools has been in business more than 25 years and is an industry leader in commercial pool service, pool management, and aquatic safety.
High Sierra Pools is hiring Staffing Coordinator Interns to join our team for Summer 2023. This position will be responsible for providing human resources and administrative support for an assigned division, focusing on staffing, scheduling, and employee relations.
This is a paid position based in our Arlington, Virginia office. Qualified candidates will be recent graduates or students pursuing a degree in business administration or other related field. Past High Sierra Pools employees and individuals with lifeguard experience are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Staffing Coordinator Intern:
- Assists with Human Resources functions, including but not limited to: interviewing, processing employee paperwork, company housing and resources set-up and administration, documenting and collecting employment data including end work dates
- Coordinates personnel assignment to job sites within the division while considering factors such as proximity to work location, standing work availability, classification, experience, and other location-specific characteristics
- Ensures new hires complete required paperwork and certification to be “ready to work” and added to schedule
- Administers lifeguards’ work schedules process, including creation of and changes in master scheduling template, preparation, publishing and distribution of weekly lifeguards’ schedules; optimizes work schedules following company overtime criteria and fair distribution of hours to all employees
- Recognizes staffing needs and notifies Human Resources Manager about areas where hiring needs exist
- Assists Area Supervisors in adjusting “live” schedules on as-needed basis, following company overtime criteria and fair distribution of hours
- Administers timekeeping and payroll-related functions, including but not limited to daily verification of employee hours worked, time card approval, retro pay requests; prepares weekly report on saved hours and additional billable hours
- Assists staff with employee paycheck-related issues and their timely resolution
- Administers employee discipline action process and keeps track of warning notices, escalates non-routine and/or critical personnel issues to Human Resources Department; participates in communication and resolution as needed
Qualifications for the Staffing Coordinator Intern:
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in business administration or related field of study
- Ability work alongside a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward different company initiatives at once
- Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends in order to document events
- Must be at least 18 years of age
The start date for the position is April 3 – May 1; the end date is from September 8 – 29. The dates of the internship will be agreed upon by the applicant and High Sierra Pools at the time of the job offer.
Applicants should send an up-to-date resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org