Lifeguard Certification Courses
Information about Lifeguarding Courses!
Blended Learning Lifeguarding Course Description
Blended Learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Students will complete an eLearning module before the course starts that will cover a significant portion of the classroom material. Click Here to access the eLearning module. The eLearning module takes approximately 7 hours and 30 minutes to complete and must be completed before the first skills session. The in-person skills session takes approximately 21 hours and 45 minutes over a two-day period split between classroom instruction and skills practice in the water. Students must complete the entire eLearning portion before the first in-person skills session to be admitted to the course.
Minimum age: 15 years
Shallow Water Lifeguarding Course Description
Shallow Water Lifeguarding contains all the material of the regular Lifeguarding course except for deep water rescues, and will certify students to lifeguard at pools up to 5 feet deep. To register for Shallow Water Lifeguarding, please register for the regular Lifeguarding course and then inform your instructor when you check in on the first day or during the prerequisites skills test that you would like to be tested as a Shallow Water Lifeguard. We will take care of the rest!
Minimum age: 15 years
Lifeguarding\Shallow Water Lifeguarding Course prerequisite skills
Before registering please read the prerequisites for each course here
Lifeguarding Review Course Description
The Lifeguarding Review course is an abbreviated course for students who have an American Red Cross Lifeguarding or Shallow Water Lifeguarding certificate that is either currently valid or expired by no more than 30 days. The course takes approximately 9 hours and 40 minutes.
Bloodborne Pathogens Certification
- High Sierra Pools provides free online Bloodborne Pathogens Training to current and future employees.
- Participants who take a Lifeguarding course with HSP automatically get trained and receive a Bloodborne Pathogens certificate.
- Returning lifeguards need to renew the Bloodborne Pathogens certificate every year.
- The link for the online class is sent to applicants with Job Offer or the link can be requested by emailing at [email protected]
- Participants who successfully complete this online course will receive a 1-year “Bloodborne Pathogens Training” certification.
- The Bloodborne Pathogens Online Training is designed to be completed in one 1-hour session.
2704 Columbia Pike
Arlington, Virginia 22204
Monday – Thursday
9am – 6pm
9am – 5pm
Saturday – Sunday
10am – 3pm