Lifeguarding Courses Covid-19 Info
The American Red Cross and High Sierra Pools have issued guidance for minimizing the risk for COVID-19 transmission while conducting the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course during the COVID-19 pandemic. This guidance is in full compliance with CDC recommendations and reinforces requirements to also comply with state and local public health orders and guidance. The guidance includes a revised instructional plan that implements a combination of precautions to minimize the risk of exposure, social distancing, use of personal protective equipment and modifications to skills and activities as applicable. This guidance is constantly reviewed to assure it is based on the latest evidence and CDC guidance.
General Guidance for Red Cross Training Courses organized by High Sierra Pools.
- Screening students and instructors for any signs of illness (including temperature checks)
- Enforcing social distancing
- Requiring wearing face masks when out of the water
- Using submergible rescue manikins
- Encouraging students to bring their own rescue victim to the water part
- Every student and instructor will have their own manikin
- AED, BVM, and Resuscitation Mask to student ratio: 1:1
- Ensuring adequate hand hygiene
2704 Columbia Pike
Arlington, Virginia 22204
Monday – Friday
9am – 6pm
10am – 4pm